Thursday, August 2, 2012

Consequences: And Their Funny Way of Always Happening

So, I just finished watching Operation:Repo, and what confuses me is when the people are all like "Woah! What are you doing with my car, man?" Or they get SUPER pissy! I mean, come on! You're two months behind on payments! What'd you think was gonna happen? You're smart! Take responsibility. You know why they're there, you know YOU aren't going to change their mind, so by throw all the emotions, the conniption fits, and getting angry for no good reason? In my opinion, the sign of a good man is someone who admits they've done wrong, and accepts the consequences of their actions. It was like a man on the max today: the fare inspector came, the guy didn't have his ticket, and simply said, "Well, go ahead and give me the fine. I don't have a ticket, and I don't have a sobbing excuse. I didn't buy one, and anything that happens is my fault." The fare inspector said, "Because of your honesty, I'll let you off the hook." See, children cry and scream when they get in trouble, because they know they're in the wrong but want their emotions to win the day. Stop being childish, and accept that your choices have consequences.

In His will,
Luke

No comments:

Post a Comment